Land sanctuaries are neighboring plots of virgin land available exclusively to WFPB members who wish to build conscious, kind, and sustainable homesteads around the world.
BUILDING SELF-SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES
As part of our commitment to the preservation of the land, soil, ecosystem, and our natural resources, it is our duty to create and support exemplary communities of like-minded individuals who in exchange will create land sanctuaries that are shared by humans and non-human animals.
The purpose of these sanctuaries is to empower individuals to create their own self-sustainable communities:
- Land may only be purchased by 100% plant-based and vegan individuals
- Use of land’s soil must comply to principles of organic and vegan permaculture
- Crops grown in the property must be organic and come from non-GMO seeds
- Use of chemicals, pesticides, and herbicides is prohibited
- Animals may not be utilized or exploited for any purpose
- Only sustainably-based materials for construction are permitted
- Size: Most plots will be available for a minimum of 1 hectare of land. Available sizes may vary depending on the available land per location. An individual can purchase a limit of 10 hectares per location.
- Use: Land should be used for homesteading purposes including, to live on it, grow organic vegetables, fruit trees, and other kind of vegetation. A percentage of the land may also be used for plant-based agricultural purposes depending on the regional statutes of limitation.
- Animals & Plants: All Animals and plants are welcome.
- Living: Construction and development of living spaces must be established under sustainable, renewable, and ecologically responsible practices including solar, wind, or other “off-the-grid” options.
- Zero-Waste: The use of plastic must be limited or avoided and recycling and reusing is mandatory.
- Renewable Sources: Land plots may have available water sources, but it is the responsibility of the buyer to source water and other utilities to specific uses. Owners should make responsible use of water, soil, and electricity, and opt for zero-waste practices.
Prohibitions & Clauses.
It is absolutely prohibited:
- To use genetically modified seeds anywhere.
- To use, abuse, eat, or slaughter any living creature.
- To litter in or outside the perimeters.
- To mistreat any animals or vegetation species for personal or commercial purposes. Any abuse will immediately revoke the ownership right of the land without the right of a refund.
- To pass ownership of the land to a non-wfpb individual, business, or organization. In this case, the organization has the right to revoke ownership if new or existing owners do not adhere to the philosophies of the Land Sanctuaries.
Plots will be available for lower-than-market prices. Minimum land area per plot is available for at least 1 hectare of land. An individual can purchase a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 10 hectares per land location.
The Land Sanctuary initiative seeks to develop sustainable communities in different areas of the planet. The first land plots being researched are in the area of Tuscany, Italy.
If you are interested in owning a land plot from a land sanctuary, please reach out through this form.
If you would like to donate land to transform it into a land sanctuary community, please fill out this form.